Monday, January 18, 2010

Look what I found...

Today I went to Second Chance, a non-profit organization in Boise where people donate old building materials and people like me can go in and find some great deals. :) I go in there quite often, and today I happened to find this sweet chandelier for part of my wedding backdrop. Guess how much I paid for it? A whopping $10! Woo hoo, I love a great steal! I bought some chains with crystal beads and some hanging crystal prisms from Ebay & Etsy and now I can fix up this beauty. {Let me worn you, these vintage crystals are not cheap but I'm still spending less then any chandelier I could find.} I might paint the chandelier white or just keep the brass color, what do you think? Here are some pictures of the chandelier and crystals I bought. I'll post pictures when I've got it all finished... maybe I'll con Creative Treasures into helping me with this project. ;)


5 comments:

CreativeMish said...

Definitely need to antique white it.

Adorned with Lace said...

That's what I was thinking:)

Jenn said...

How pretty!!

.:meagan.rae:. said...

oh i LOVE it!!! I agree, i think it would be gorgeous white!

Unknown said...

white white white! I love when old chandeliers are painted a glossy white, very chic... totally something i plan on doing at my wedding (er, when that happens:)